5 Travel Tips for the National Games
With the AYSO National Games 2014 on the horizon, we know you’re busy making all the necessary arrangements to make sure your trip is a smooth one. To help you out, we’ve put together five tips to make your traveling experience as stress-free as possible.
- Book your flight and hotel early – Whether you are 100 miles away and only need a hotel or are 3,000 miles away and need a hotel, rental car, airport transportation, etc., planning ahead is key. Book your flight and hotel early to avoid high prices. To find nearby hotels by any National Games location, click here.
- Make reservations for dinner – If you’re looking to have a team dinner, be sure to call in advance to see if they take reservations over the phone. You will be competing with hundreds of other teams for reservations on site, so calling ahead can save you from waiting for a table for an hour. Try AYSO’s Official Dining Sponsor BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse for great food and a fun environment for any family or team outing. Click here to find a location near you. If you are especially in a hurry, they now have online ordering to speed up your dining experience. Online ordering can be made here for the Torrance location and here for Culver City, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino and many other locations. For reservations, call your preferred location.
- Call your bank and credit card companies in advance – With fraud on the rise, a lot of banks and credit card companies may assume that an out of town purchase is unusual activity and block your card. To avoid the hassle, call them before you travel to give them a heads up of your vacation plans.
- Reserve a rental car - There is nothing worse than realizing that you may be stranded once you land at your destination. Book a rental car at the same time as your flight to ensure that a car that suits your needs is available. This will help you save time to get to the beach sooner! Enterprise-Rent-A-Car is offering a special rate for National Games families. Click Here to receive the discounted rate.
- Make an itinerary – With all the cool things Southern California has to offer for you and your family, it can help to make a detailed itinerary of the things you want to do while you’re in town. Time flies at the National Games, so make sure you prioritize your list.