If you’re attending the AYSO National Games 2014, you may have already booked your flight, mapped out your destinations and created an itinerary of where to go in your free time, but making sure everything you may need is packed is also important!
To help you out, we put together a list 14 things you don’t want to forget to pack:
- An extra pair of shin guards- You never know when a second pair can be the game saver.
- An extra jersey- If your son/daughter has an extra jersey, you may want to bring it along for him/her to give away to new friends at SoccerFest. National Games is infamous for being the start of lifelong friendships.
- Sense of adventure- The youth event in Riverside will be at the exciting amusement park, Castle Park! With over 25 rides, your kids will have plenty of chances to be adventurous and have a good time!
- Water Shoes- The youth event in Redondo Beach will be at Seaside Lagoon. Bring water shoes so your kid can comfortably relax in the water.
- Something red, white and blue – Celebrate 4th of July with the LA Galaxy! The Galaxy will be having an AYSO night on July 4 at 8:00 p.m., against the Portland Timbers. Click here for discounted tickets for all National Games fans and families!
- Mickey Ears- The Happiest Place on Earth is within 40 minutes of both the Torrance and Riverside fields! Click Here for a National Games discounted rate.
- A baseball glove- When the homerun ball comes flying in your section at a baseball game, be ready to catch it! Catch the Angels play the Astros on July 7 at 7:05 p.m., or the Dodgers play the Indians on June 30 at 7:10 p.m.
- Comfortable shoes- With landmarks like the Hollywood sign and the Riverside Art Museum, you’ll have a lot of great places to visit while you’re in town. Bring a pair of comfy walking shoes for your California tourist days.
- Bathing suit/beach towel- In Southern California, every summer day is a beach day. Redondo Beach is just five minutes away from the Torrance fields. Enjoy the beach and an array of shopping options on the pier.
- A quick snack- A healthy snack can jump start your day or rescue your soccer players from an afternoon slump. Try Dole Fruit Squish’ems for a delicious snack that you can enjoy anywhere.
- Sunscreen- Definitely do not forget your sunscreen – it is HOT in SoCal during the summer. Make sure to keep it with you and reapply often!
- A camera- Of course! You are going to want to capture all of the precious moments from the National Games. Be sure to share your photos with AYSO on Facebook: Facebook.com/AYSOsoccer
- An extra phone charger-You will want to make sure your phone is charged to save all the phone numbers of new friends you will make at the Games. If you have an extra one, you can keep one in the hotel room, and one with you in case your battery starts to die in the middle of a busy day.
- Air Freshener– When you get back to the hotel room and your soccer players take their gear off, things might get a bit…interesting. Bring a bottle of fabric freshener to get through the National Games.
- AYSO pins and/or coins – National Games isn’t only a week of soccer, it’s a week of meeting new people and making friends. Be sure to bring pins and coins for trading with your fellow AYSO players, parents and volunteers – it’s a great AYSO tradition, and the perfect way to remember your National Games friends.